Saturday, June 6, 2015

Noah's Bow Tie Brunch

To celebrate Noah's 1st Birthday we invited just a few close family friends over for a birthday brunch. The party was a bow tie theme because baby boys wearing bow ties are just too cute! It was a wonderful, relaxing morning with great food and great friends. 

I drew this sign on our chalkboard to welcome our guests.

Noah's adorable onesie was purchased off Etsy from SewBoyBaby. Look her up here: link !!

How I displayed the favors.

Each child got to wear a bow tie in her hair (for the girls) or around his neck (for the boys) and then go home with a favor bag and lollipop. The girls also were given pearl necklaces to wear. The lollipops and the necklaces were purchased at Party City.

Found these adorable bow ties on Target.com.

The contents of each favor bag. The bags and all the contents I purchased at Party City. The bow ties are made from tissue paper I also purchased at Party City. The buttons are from a pack I purchased at Micheal's.


Above the table I hung a banner featuring month by month pictures of Noah attached to blue and white twine I had purchased at Micheal's. Each picture is attached to the string with a mini silver close-pin I purchased at Target. To add a little extra detail I glued a turquoise button to each close-pin. At the end of the banner are two bow ties I made out of tissue paper. The tissue paper was all purchased from Party City and the buttons came in a pack from Micheal's. The other two triangle banners I made from scrapbook paper purchased from Micheal's. I used the same twine to string up these two banners.

This tissue paper banner I made from tissue paper I purchased at Party City and blue/white twine I purchased at Michael's.

The food: berry pecan granola parfaits; fruit salad; a variety of mini pastries; mini bagels with cream cheese and jam or smoked salmon and herb goat cheese; broccoli cheese quiche; spinach artichoke quiche; and to finish, a white chocolate raspberry bunt cake from Nothing Bunt Cakes.



White chocolate raspberry bunt cake from Nothing Bunt Cakes.


Noah's smash cake. I made the cake and my cousin made the fondant bow tie.

I cut the little bow ties out of scrapbook paper and glued one on every parfait cup.

The drink bar. The banner I made out of scrapbook paper and twine purchased at Micheal's.

Got to have mimosas with brunch!

The rest of the house I chose not to decorate and just blew up a bunch of balloons that matched the colors of the party. The kids loved playing with the balloons!

The birthday boy having fun smashing his cake!

The final thing I made was a banner for Noah's highchair. Again using all the things mentioned above I made this bow tie banner. It is made from scrapbook paper, buttons and twine from Michael's and the large bow ties are made from tissue paper I purchased at Party City.

I think he quite enjoyed himself!

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Noah!

No comments:

Post a Comment